Thursday, June 13, 2013

JUN '13 SquareHue - SoBe Collection

Let me preface this by saying that you may have noticed the lack of post about the May SquareHue box. This is so for a couple of reasons: 1) The May box came when I was in the midst of a complete apathy k-hole. I literally could not do anything except go to work, come home & sit. 2) While they were very pretty, I couldn't come up with a whole lot to say about 3 pink polishes. I've used them a few times since I got them so I definitely give them high marks...I just couldn't get it up to write a post. Sorry, friends

That being said, I'm completely obsessed with the June SoBe Collection! Inspired by the vibrant South Beach area of Miami, these polishes are perfect for summer & super flattering. The colors included are Lincoln Road (dove grey creme), Ocean Drive (mint creme) & Collins Avenue (almost-neon coral with subtle shimmer). I really like that they included a super bright, typically summer color like Collins Avenue & then paired it with a cool mint & a neutral grey. The colors look amazing together & lend themselves well to nail art & combinations. Of course, my camera had a hard time capturing Collins Avenue because it's so bright, but a couple of the pics below are pretty true to the shade. Ready for the pics??


June 2013 SquareHue - SoBe Collection

MORE PHOTOS AFTER THE JUMP!!


June 2013 SquareHue - SoBe Collection


Lincoln Road - Ocean Drive - Collins Avenue


Front labels (Lincoln Road - Ocean Drive - Collins Avenue)


Bottom labels (Lincoln Road - Ocean Drive - Collins Avenue)


Back labels (Lincoln Road - Ocean Drive - Collins Avenue)


Bottle shot (Lincoln Road - Ocean Drive - Collins Avenue)


Swatches (Lincoln Road - Ocean Drive - Collins Avenue)


Aren't these colors great?? I love them. The swatch above is 2 coats of each polish with no top coat. When I wore these on my nails, the Lincoln & Ocean were okay with 2 coats but Collins needed 3. Overall, not bad formula-wise! Dry time was pretty short & the wear time was great. I wore them on my nails for about 3 days before there were any chips or anything which is very rare for me. I swear, I want everything in my life to have this color combination...I can't get over how much I love them together!

SquareHue continues to knock it out of the park as far as I'm concerned. I'm a huge fan of this company & would recommend them to anyone! Every month I wait patiently to find out what the next box's theme is going to be & then immediately get super antsy to have it in my hands. That's the sign of a good subscription service!

My love affair with SquareHue definitely continues on...does yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment