Saturday, May 11, 2013

Deborah Lippmann - Mermaids Collection

From the moment I saw the announcement, I was SO excited for Deborah Lippmann's Summer 2013 Mermaids Collection! Mermaid's Dream is easily one of my most favorite polishes, so of course a collection inspired by that beautiful color would catch my eye.

The colors that I have to show you today are Do The Mermaid (lilac base with gold shimmer & larger purple glitter), Million Dollar Mermaid (creamsicle orange base with gold shimmer & larger coppery orange glitter) & Mermaid's Kiss (light pink base with gold shimmer & larger light pink & dark pink glitter).


Do The Mermaid - Million Dollar Mermaid - Mermaid's Kiss
(photo taken with no flash)


Do The Mermaid - Million Dollar Mermaid - Mermaid's Kiss
(photo taken with flash)



Do The Mermaid - Million Dollar Mermaid - Mermaid's Kiss


Since I already showed you Do The Mermaid as a manicure HERE, below is a photo of when I wore Million Dollar Mermaid as a manicure.


Deborah Lippmann's Million Dollar Mermaid


I can't even tell you how much I love these polishes. They're so soft and shimmery with the perfect amount of glitter. Formula-wise, they were all pretty good. The nail wheel swatches are 3 coats, but on my actual nails I only used 2. Million Dollar Mermaid appeared the sheerest, followed by Mermaid's Kiss & then Do The Mermaid but they all built up to opaque quickly & easily. Dry time is super fast on all of these. They do dry slightly bumpy, but a good coat of a thick topcoat takes care of that.

These colors are perfect for summer, don't you think? Deborah Lippmann definitely knocked it out of the park with this collection as far as I'm concerned!

What do you think of the Mermaids Collection? Have you seen any dupes?? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment