Sunday, March 24, 2013

MAR '13 Ipsy Glam Bag

It's that time of the month again...Ipsy Glam Bag time! This month's theme is "The Great Escape" & the bag features items that are perfect for beauty on the go.

I generally start these posts with a photo of the bag itself, but I'm the worst & dropped it behind a heavy piece of furniture before I could take a picture. It's a bummer because the bag is super cute & nautical themed. You can check it out on the Ipsy website if you're so inclined.

Since there's no bag shot, I guess we will begin with a group product shot!


March 2013 Ipsy Glam Bag


Check out the product reviews AFTER THE JUMP!

First up are a couple of eyeshadow refills from Yaby. The 2 colors that I received are Azalea Petal (pictured below on the left) & Seashell (pictured below on the right). These little pans are just that...little. Smaller than a dime, about the size of a standard button I would say. That's not necessarily a bad thing, especially if you want to take them while traveling. They both seem soft & pigmented & the colors are totally wearable. The 2nd photo below shows each shadow swatched over Urban Decay's Eyeshadow Primer Potion.


Yaby eyeshadow refills in Azalea Petal & Seashell


Azalea Petal & Seashell swatches
over Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion


If you're thinking that it might be just a little difficult to travel with miscellaneous eyeshadow pans in your makeup bag, then the next product should put your mind at ease! The GlamRX Mini Freestyle Palette was made exclusively for Ipsy. It's a palm-sized, magnetized palette that holds any pan-only cosmetics such as eyeshadows, powders, etc. The magnet is just strong enough to hold the products in place without being so strong that it's difficult to get them back out. I'm really happy that this was included & I'm sure I will use it a lot in the future!


GlamRX Mini Freestyle Palette


GlamRX Mini Freestyle Palette - open


GlamRX Mini Freestyle Palette w/ Yaby eyeshadows included 


The next item goes very well with the travel theme. La Fresh Travel Lite Makeup Remover Wipes are a super convenient way to remove makeup on the go. The wipes have a light, pleasant scent. It's not overwhelming & the scent doesn't linger. They feel a little flimsy when you pull them out of the pouch, but I didn't have any problem removing a whole face of makeup (including some heavy duty mascara) with just one wipe. One of the things that I like the most about these wipes is that they don't seem to leave a sticky residue on my skin. With some other wipes, I feel like I have to rinse my face with water afterwards. That definitely wasn't the case with these. The Ipsy website boasts that the Travel Lite amenities are "made in sunny Southern California with clean renewable solar energy" & "feature biodegradable and compostable materials", both of which are great, but the ingredients show about 5 different kinds of parabens so if that's something you're concerned about these might not be for you.


La Fresh Travel Light Makeup Remover Wipes


Last but not least, we have Juice Beauty Hydrating Mist. This mist is good for toning & refreshing your skin throughout the day. Per the label, it is formulated with a "refreshing blend of rosehip, ylang ylang, resveratrol grapeseed oil & antioxidant-rich organic juices." Sounds good, right? It has a light, herbal smell that might be a bit of a turn off for some, but it didn't bother me. As with the wipes, I didn't find the scent to be overwhelming or lingering. As someone with combination/oily skin, I really appreciated the light moisturization that I got from this product. I used it a few times after washing my face & using witch hazel toner & it provided just the right amount of moisture. It's also great for spritzing on after you apply your makeup to set your look. I definitely love this product & will probably purchase it again after this sample is gone. Good thing Ipsy includes discount codes for all of the products in each bag!


Juice Beauty Hydrating Mist


So there you have it! The March Ipsy Glam Bag. While this month's bag definitely wasn't my absolute favorite, I really did appreciate the products that they included & will probably use all of them. The travel-related theme made for some really convenient items! The bag itself is also really adorable & I will be making my boyfriend move some furniture around so that I can retrieve it, haha.

Did you receive the March Ipsy Glam Bag? What did you think? Any guesses as to what next month's theme will be?

No comments:

Post a Comment