Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Illamasqua - Speckle and Mottle

I love Illamasqua's Speckle & Mottle so much that I'm going to just get right into the pics!


Illamasqua Mottle w/ Speckle accent (flash)


Illamasqua Mottle w/ Speckle accent (no flash)


Mottle is a mint green base while Speckle is a lilac base & both have the same multi-size black glitter. The milkiness of the base colors combined with the different sized black glitters gives a super cute robin's egg appearance that I just can't get enough of! I had so many people at work comment on my nails when I wore this manicure, saying that I had Easter egg or Easter candy nails. I guess everyone loves these!

The formula on both was great. I used 2 coats of each for the photos above & both were perfectly opaque. The glitter pay-off was good so I didn't have to try very hard to get the glitter to place where I wanted it to. Dry time was fairly quick, too. All good things!

Speckle & Mottle, as well as 3 other speckled polishes & other makeup items, are a part of the Spring 2013 I'mperfection collection. Per Illamasqua's website, I'mperfection is "an open invitation to stand up and show the world what makes you perfectly imperfect." I can get on board with that!

Did you pick up any of the speckled polishes from Illamasqua or anything else from the I'mperfection collection? What do you think? I've got my eye on their lipstick in Immodest, too. Looks like a great, bright, matte pink!

No comments:

Post a Comment