Wednesday, February 13, 2013

All That Glitters - Bitter Hearts Collection (Heart Burn & Dream On)

Valentine's Day is one of my favorite holidays, if for no other reason than everything is pink & sparkly. These 2 polishes from All That Glitters are no exception! They are part of the Bitter Hearts collection, which consists of 12 limited edition glitter polishes with cheeky names like C U Never, Go Away, I Luv Me & Just Lust. The 2 that I have for you today are Heart Burn (bright pink jelly base with black, white, iridescent, silver bar & black & white heart glitter) & Dream On (pastel pink creme base with gold & gunmetal glitter). The swatches below are 3 coats of polish, 1 coat of Gelous & 1 coat of Julep's Fast Dry Top Coat.


Heart Burn - Dream On


Heart Burn - Dream On


All That Glitters Dream On


All That Glitters Dream On


The base color of Dream On is something that I probably wouldn't wear on its own, but the addition of the gold & gunmetal glitter make this polish sweet, classic & interesting. I can definitely see myself turning to this polish when I need something with subtle flash. I had a little bit of a bubbling issue, but I think that was the topcoat's fault. Womp.


All That Glitters Heart Burn


All That Glitters Heart Burn


Heart Burn is such a complex, beautiful polish that I keep catching myself staring at my nails trying to fully figure it out. My camera was having a heart attack trying to capture the color & glitter correctly, so these pictures don't quite do it justice. The jelly base gives it a great depth & I love the flash of the iridescent & tiny silver bar glitters. The hearts took a little bit of digging to get on the brush, but the extra time was totally worth it! (TIP: Turn this polish upside down for a few hours before use, it helps the heart glitters sink to the top so you can reach them!)

These polishes are on opposite ends of the spectrum when it comes to flashiness, but I love them both equally! The formulas were both good for being so glitter-heavy & dry time was pretty quick. I didn't have any application problems other than having to fish out the heart glitter in Heart Burn, but that's to be expected with large, shaped glitter. Eggnog Wasted was my first All That Glitters polish & I really loved it...now that I'm equally as impressed with these 2, I plan on picking up many more in the future!

Dream On & Heart Burn, as well as the rest of the Bitter Hearts collection, are currently still available on the All That Glitters Etsy page. If you are interested in any of these polishes, I would hurry over & place your order...since they are LE they will not be restocked when they sell out!

Do you love Valentine's Day as much as I do? What about these polishes? Let me know in the comments!
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment